Fall 2017 SCHOLAR ADVENTURERS SERIES programs are shown on the Events Calendar at http://illinois.edu/calendar/list/4956 (click on the date of the event for a full description); you can sign up for as many of these events as you would like.
- *1a/b. Thursday, 10/5/17 APPLE TASTING LABS (2 sessions) -- Professor Bob Skirvin and Margie Skirvin
- 2. Friday, 10/6/17 THE FOURTH STATE OF MATTER AND THE COOL THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH IT -- Professor David Ruzic
- *3. Monday, 10/9/17 NEW CHP COURSE PREVIEW: ATMS#tbd, "High Impact Meteorology" -- Eric Snodgrass
- *4. Wednesday, 10/11/17 “CREATING YOUR POWERFUL RESUME” WORKSHOP -- Emma Andruczyk
- *5. Tuesday, 10/17/17 “FROM ANTIQUITY TO BEYOND: SCIENCE FICTION STORIES FROM BEFORE THE SCIENTIFIC REVOLUTION” -- Rob Chappell
- *6. Monday, 10/23/17 NEW CHP COURSE PREVIEW: ARCH 199, “Designing with daylight for building occupants’ human health and wellbeing” -- Mohamed Boubekri
- *7. Thursday, 11/2/17 STUDY ABROAD WORKSHOP -- Mike Nelson and Chancellor’s Scholars
- 8. Friday, 11/3/17 AN EXTRAORDINARY RESOURCE FOR COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCE: A TOUR OF BLUE WATERS -- William Gropp and Barbara Jewett
- *9. Tuesday, 11/7/17 FILM SHOWING AND DISCUSSION OF “STARVING THE BEAST” -- Chris Higgins
*Any SAS with an asterisk will have food, which makes rsvp’s even more important.
SAS SIGN-UPS BEGIN ON THURSDAY 9/21/17 (First-Year Students and New Off-Cycle) AT 12:01 A.M. AND FRIDAY 9/22/17 (EVERYONE ELSE) AT 12:01 A.M.
Scholar Adventurers Series (SAS) program registration will begin on Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. (for first-year students and new off-cycle) and Friday, September 22, 2017 2017 at 12:01 a.m. (for everyone else). To register, go to the CHP website at http://illinois.edu/calendar/list/4956, select the event you want to register for, then log in with your net-id and Active Directory password and add your name to the reservations list. See this link for a video tutorial of the sign-up process.
For each SAS you will receive an e-mail reminder a few days in advance. If the SAS involves food, or is very well-registered, please be sure to carefully read the instructions to save your place – and you will be asked to respond.
If your plans change and you are unable to come to a program you have already registered to attend, PLEASE notify us so that we will know. We may contact someone else on the waiting list and so we know how much food to order.
Some programs are limited in number due to the room size. If your entry is past the number allowed, you may still be added to the list, since we may have several cancellations. Watch your e-mail – even on the day of the program – to see if you are notified to come.
If the number of students interested in attending a program greatly exceeds the space allowed, we may move the SAS to another University site. You will be notified by e-mail in the reminder notice. (This excludes tours, which will not be changed.)
You may sign up for more than one SAS per semester, but repeat attendance in any SAS does not earn you additional co-curricular credit, and may prevent another student from attending.
Questions? Email Margaret Cupps at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 244-0922. If you have suggestions about future SAS possibilities, please contact Elizabeth Rockman at email@example.com. Thank you!